Saturday, September 13, 2008

Crossroads

I must say there is so much that I love and hate about being unemployed.

There are some people that don't do well with too much free time. I think that if I had a little more security with my life I could see myself being rather content pursuing my passions. I love that right now I am able to indulge in my hobby of knitting. I've made a number of projects, done some serious brainstorming and planning on future endeavors of yarn, and have promised a number of hand knitted items to friends and family.  I've also learned how to crochet; and it's a great feeling to learn something new. In fact, here's a picture of my Aunt Trish with my first completed crochet project:


I adore the sense of accomplishment that comes from handing off a finished project to someone. Lately I've been also getting a sense of accomplishment from my walks. Almost everyday I go on something that is more like a hike than a stroll in my neighborhood. It takes about fifty minutes and I work up a sweat doing it. Fortunately aside from leaving me sweaty, it alsogives me a sense that I'm doing something good and healthy for myself.

Though I'm going through an existential crisis, it seems thatquite a bit of it is due to me coming to grips with who I am andb having it not mesh with what society expects from me. Alas, more on that later.