Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Frondly Yours, now Charted territory

Remember how I mentioned my nervousness on publishing the "Frondly Yours" pattern?  Everytime I looked at  the long lines of knitting abbreviations I felt my anxiety steadily increase.  It's rather silly, but I like this pattern and want it to be accessible to anyone that wants to try it.  I imagine that for knitters that are more visually inclined, this chart method will be easier.  Click here for a link to the pdf version of "Frondly Yours Lace Chart".  Want the longer version that's written out instead of charted?  It's still available here.

Oh, now would be a good time for me to publicly acknowledge that my boyfriend is all sorts of wonderful.  Why you ask?  Geez, put down those knitting needles and I'll tell you!  Well, although it looked like Wingdings, dear Daniel downloaded the knitting font and set it up for me.  I loved the point at which he turned to me and asked hesitantly, "do these symbols mean anything to you?"  Oh, if you're curious, we ended up using Aire River Knitting Font, which we selected after looking at some of the other options mentioned in this knitty article.

As always, if you find a mistake, please please email me at daniaerickson@gmail.com. (updated 1/17/12 at 12:10 pst)

**All rights to the design and pattern "Frondly Yours" are protected by copyright. Dania Erickson 2012.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love it! This might be my next project. Thanks for posting!

Dania said...

Why am I so stuck on wondering what a Zuzu sized "Frondly Yours" hat would look like? Fingering weight, tiny needles but gargantuan amounts of style!